If you have a multi-family property, you have a brand. Building a strong brand identity for your apartment community increases the perceived value of your property and builds a deeper connection with your target audience.
In this guide, we will go through the ins and outs of apartment branding so you can learn how to create a brand identity that stands out from the competition and continues to grow in value over time.
Why is Apartment Branding Important?
Like any other popular brand, quick recognition is key to your apartment community. When you see the colors and logo of one of your favorite brands, whether it's on a sign, the side of a truck, or a banner ad on the internet, it will take you less than a second to recognize the company and associate your opinion of the brand. This level of brand recognition is what you want to establish with your apartment community in your area, as it will help establish your position in the market and add first impression valueto your property.
Recollection is an Important Benefit of Effective Branding.
Let's Check the Numbers
- Nearly two-thirds of consumers say that shared values are a primary reason for choosing a brand.
- 77% of marketing leaders consider branding critical to a company’s growth.
- More than three-quarters of consumers say that they make purchases based on brand name.
- 90% of consumers expect that their experience with a brand will be consistent across platforms and physical locations (it feels weird when it isn't)
- 64% of millennials abandon a brand because they are no longer unique, while 66% do so because a brand no longer fits their identity.
Building Your Apartment Brand Identity
Before you can create your apartment community’s brand identity you need to understand your brand image, or the personality of your community. Ask yourself:
- Are you a luxury community? Economy community?
- What makes your community special and unlike any other apartment community out there?
- Is it its luxury amenities, pet friendly, or family-friendly atmosphere?
- Does your location set you apart? Are you downtown, by the sea, near hiking trails?
- What are the values that your community embodies?
- What is the lifestyle that your community offers and how should that be represented in your marketing materials?
Once you understand your community’s image you can begin creating the elements that will go into your brand identity. It’s important to remember that effective apartment branding requires consistency across all your marketing efforts. This ensures your community is easily recognizable to potential residents and top of mind when someone is looking for their new home.
How to Create Your Apartment Brand’s Visuals
Your logo is the most prominent visual element of your brand and provides a quick and easy way for potential customers to recognize your company. We covered the three style of Property Development Logos here.Designing a logo is one of the most challenging parts of apartment branding as your logo needs to strike a balance of helping your community stand out, but not doing so in a way that will alienate your secondary or tertiary audiences. A logo should be stylish and simple, and represent the vibe and vision of your brand.
- Earth tones, like darker reds and browns, give a homey and comforting feeling
- Greens convey peace and wellness
- Red tones are exciting and inspire action
- Blue indicates calm and trust
- Black or purple convey luxury and elegance
Last but not least, Shapes & Patterns
- Circles show continuity, positivity, and oftentimes unity.
- Triangles are perceived as “edgy” and are used to show bold and unique brands.
- Squares or rectangles indicate balance. The mind often associates these shapes with the home or a place where things are stored.
Ready to Elevate your Property's Identity?
Unsung Studio is here to give your development a competitive edge and succeed in the crowded market. As creative experts in property branding, we understand the importance of both first impressions and a strong consistent brand that stands the test of time.