4 Benefits to Branding Your Vacation Rental
[TL;DR] Branding a vacation rental elicits an emotional response for guests and distinguishes a unique value-add. Investing in branding your vacation rental is about establishing remembrance. Guest not online enjoy the crafted experience, but they come away with Instagram moments to share with their friends and family.
By: William Scott, Brand Strategist
Why Is Vacation Rental Branding Important?
1. Branding Helps Your Rental Stand Out From The Crowd
The most important reason your vacation rental needs a brand is to distinguish yourself from the competition. Your vacation rental is not going to be the only option travelers have to choose from. In a market that continues to grow, having an identity, vibe, and feel is what will ultimately separate you from the competition.
When travelers search through endless listings, your property should have that unique element they will remember. Whether it's a unique message, logo, or interior vibe.
2. Branding Sets Expectations
Your brand provides a powerful tool for communication. The way you choose to present your vacation rental business will help define your brand and set expectations for guests.
When customers interact with a strong brand, they expect a certain standard of experience. For example, consider Amazon. When a customer makes a purchase on Amazon they expect a high-quality experience from start to finish. This includes finding products quickly, getting fast and reliable shipping, as well as thoughtful and stress-free customer support.
Here are some consistent standards you can set for your vacation rental:
- Accuracy of listing: Your listing is accurately described in detail. All photos are high-quality so guests have a clear picture of what you're offering.
- Amenities: Basic amenities like quality sheets and linens are available. Kitchens are stocked with important necessities.
- Health and safety: Your rental should have everything needed to ensure a safe environment. This includes smoke detectors, first-aid kits, and proper sanitation during cleanings.
- Utilities: Your rental should include essentials like Wi-Fi (that always works), heat, AC, hot water, and TV.
- Communications: Clear communication of key information such as key codes, welcome messages, post-arrival check-in, and post-departure messages.
- Access: Guests can rely on 24/7 access and are provided backup access methods in case of being locked out.
- Standard operating and inspection procedures: Procedures are set for staff to deal with any potential issues. Inspections take place every stay to make sure everything is in order.
Beyond these basics however, there are so many aspects that communicate the value of your property that don’t necessarily have anything to do with standards. Rather, they are unique, persona-defining elements of your property that give it personality and flair. Every property should have the basic amenities, yes, but how many make you feel like you’re truly getting away to a place that not only fits you, but allows you to feel more like your best self within it?
This seems abstract, of course, but part of the desire of a vacation rental is that it allows you to indulge in the kind of lifestyle you want to have without needing to put the work into buying, decorating, and maintaining the place. The ability to make your guests feel like they have arrived by simply imagining themselves in your rental as they browse your beautiful images, gaze at your logo and traverse your webpage is a finely tuned skill, and requires a bit of specialized knowledge in branding and marketing to lock in. Here's an example of someone doing it right!
3. Branding Builds Loyalty And Trust
4. A Brand Sets The Foundation For Your Marketing
Creating your vacation rental branding is more than just choosing a name and a logo. It involves having coherent color schemes and consistent style and design choices across your website and physical collateral as well.
How you design your vacation rental website will have a big impact on how you market your property. Your brand should provide consistent experiences across all marketing channels.
Whether it's a photo you post on Instagram, a Facebook cover photo, or an advertisement for a local newspaper, the marketing material should be consistent with your rental website. These marketing channels are often the first place customers will interact with your brand so you want to make the right impression and keep your voice consistent and your vision cohesive.
Effective marketing of your property will increase your number of inquiries and direct bookings - we always like to say, "increase profitability through increased visibility". You'll not be able to achieve this without a strong brand, so consider your image as it stands in the sea of airbnb properties and ask yourself honestly if there’s room to grow.
Let's Get You Standing Out Over The Competition
Unsung Studio is here to give your vacation rental a competitive edge and succeed in the crowded market. As creative experts in vacation rental and property branding, we understand the importance of both first impressions and a strong consistent brand that stands the test of time.
Ready To Create Your Property Identity?
As Your Creative Partner we'll get your property looking exactly how you want it in no time!